U.K. Pension Transfers
March 27, 2020

Do you have an old UK pension?

Share this article

Let it go! Let it go! No – don’t ever let it go. If you have old pensions from previous employments, the last thing you should do is lose track of them. Is it time to bring them in from the cold?

Do you have any frozen pensions? Maybe you’re not sure. The fact is, the answer depends on what you mean by ‘frozen’.

‘Frozen pension’ is a term often used to describe a workplace pension from a previous employment, into which you no longer make contributions. They’re also (more accurately) known as preserved pensions, but when you hear someone talking about a ‘frozen pension’, this is usually what they mean.

However, the pension isn’t technically frozen. Although you can no longer pay into it, the money in the fund will continue to grow and you will be able to access it at retirement. The provider should continue to send you pension statements, but if you change address, moved to another country or if the provider changes, you may lose track of the pension and even forget it’s there.


  • What if I do lose track of a pension?
  • If I track down my old pensions, can I just leave them where they are?
  • Can I consolidate my UK pensions with my 401k or IRA?
  • What about my final salary pension?
  • I read about something called ‘pension liberation’ or ‘pension unlocking’…
  • How can I check the status of all my pensions?

If you think you have a frozen pension and would like to hear more about the options available to you as a U.S. resident, why not arrange to have a confidential and informal discussion with myself. I am a licensed advisory representative with Beacon Global Advisor Network, LLC based here in our GWM USA Miami office


Share this article

To request a call back from regarding this post, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch soon.

To request a call back regarding this post, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch soon.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

Related News.

No items found.